Tangerine is one of many beautiful citrus oils, but it stands out in it’s strength and integrity of scent. It is deeper and richer than many of the other citrus oils, and the smell is simply transporting. I recommend this oil for anyone who needs more freedom and creativity in their lives.
Tangerine has a long history of use in Chinese culture and herbal health practices. The essential oil supports healthy digestion and metabolism.* Tangerine has a sweet, tangy aroma, similar to other citrus oils, that is uplifting. Tangerine is known for its cleansing properties, and for supporting a healthy immune and respiratory system.* Tangerine essential oil can be used to help soothe anxious feelings and manage stress. A popular and flavorful addition to desserts and drinks—from water to fruit smoothies—Tangerine can be used in any recipe calling for citrus fruits.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area.
– Add 2–3 drops as a flavoring in cake and cookie recipes
– Add 1–2 drops in water, smoothies, teas, or lemonade for flavoring
– To energize and uplift mood, place 1–2 drops in the palm of your hand, rub together, and cup over the nose and mouth for 30 seconds or diffuse throughout the room
– Apply to flex points or abdomen to promote feelings of happiness. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize sensitivity if needed
– Add 1-2 drops to homemade cleaning products to increase cleaning power and add an uplifting aroma
– Drink 1-2 drops a day in water or a capsule to support the immune system
Spontaneity, Creativity, Joy, Fun, Cheer, Optimism
Burdened, Overworked, Heavy with responsibility, Lack of Joy
Tangy, Sweet, Fresh
– Emotional System
– Immune System
– Digestive System
– Nervous System
– Cardiovascular System
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Doterra Tangerine Blog
Tangerine Paradise Punch
Tangerine Cranberry Scones
Our Best Kept Secrets
Tangerine and Spearmint Garbage Disposal Refreshers
Tangerine Fruit Dip
How the Chemistry of Citrus Essential Oils work for Your body
Using the Citrus Oils