Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”). As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa has a wide range of health benefits and uses.* Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Because of its positive effect on mood, Melissa has long been used to calm feelings of tension and nervousness. Diffusing Melissa at night can help initiate a restful sleep environment and promote emotional well-being. Melissa may also help to support a healthy immune system.*
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area. Use with doTerra fractionated coconut oil to minimize sensitivities.
– Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to help lessen feelings of stress and promote emotional well-being.
– Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep.
– Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh the mind.
– May help to support a healthy immune system*
– Calms tension and nerves
– Promotes feelings of relaxation
Light, Reconnected to spiritual, Releasing burdens, Joy, Energy, Enthusiastic
Weighed down, Dark. Not true to self. Despair.
– Digestive System
– Emotional System
– Immune System
– Integumentary System
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.