Melaleuca is one of the more well known oils in the essential oil world, but often known by it’s other title, Tea Tree oil. Melaleuca is my preferred type of tea tree to work with, for a multitude of reasons. Unlike certain Tea Tree mixtures, Melaleuca is surprisingly gentle. When used in a diluted fashion it is often gentle enough to apply to areas of major discomfort. It’s tonic-like abilities make it a favorite for the essential oil wellness connoisseurs, and it’s medicinal aroma elevates many blends for aromatherapy usage.
More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree were used by the Aborigines of Australia for centuries. They would crush the leaves and inhale the oil to promote feelings of clear breathing and apply the leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to support a healthy complexion. Taken internally, Melaleuca promotes healthy immune function*, and Melaleuca can be used on surfaces throughout the home to protect against environmental threats. Melaleuca is frequently used on occasional skin irritations to soothe the skin and diffusing Melaleuca will help purify and freshen the air.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
– Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
– Promotes healthy immune function
– Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
– Promotes a clear, healthy complexion
– Soothes minor skin irritations
– For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
– Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.*
– Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
– Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
– Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
– Helps purify and freshen the air
Powerful and empowering connections, resiliency, honorable and respectful relationships
Helps to protect us emotionally from codependency, toxic relationships, negative ties, enabling
Herbaceous, green, leathery
– Cardiovascular/Circulatory System
– Respiratory System
– Nervous System
– Integumentary System (skin)
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.