Arborvitae is a relatively unknown oil and that’s truly a shame. It is a powerhouse oil that address viral, bacterial and fungal needs. Preventing the decay of the tree when it dies, this oil is derived from the sawdust cast off from the wood processing, making it both powerful for our bodies and the environment.
Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. Our arborvitae essential oil is sourced from the heartwood of the Thuja plicata tree. It is also known as Western Red Cedar and is native to North America (primarily Canada and the Northwestern United States). This unique source of arborvitae essential oil contains a distinct chemical profile and is uniquely concentrated in methyl thujate. The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentally-responsible way through distillation of residual wood materials to ensure no trees are unnecessarily harvested for production. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Because of its natural preserving properties, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
– Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands for a quick DIY cleaner.
– Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
– Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
– Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
– Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
– May help promote clear, healthy looking skin when applied topically
– Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
– Natural insect repellent and wood preservative
Trust in divine help, surrender, peace, ability to release what is burdensome
Struggle, need to handle things on your own, distrust, unyielding
Woody, warm, earthy
– Respiratory System
– Integumentary System
– Immune System
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
– Bug Off